- Politique étrangère
- Relations économiques internationales et affaires européennes
- Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs
- La défense
How to obtain a Visa?
Visa applications should be made in person at a Luxembourg diplomatic or consular mission or diplomatic or consular mission of a member state signed up to the Schengen agreement which issues visas on behalf of Luxembourg in the applicant's home country. ( list of diplomatic missions)
The list of the supporting documents depends on the reason of stay and/or the relation with the sponsor in Luxembourg. In general the following documents should be provided:
- Visa application form (filled in and signed)
- Two recent passport photos
- A valid passport or a travel permit recognized by the Schengen countries whose validity is at least three months longer than the validity of the visa applied for
Written proof relating to the reason for the journey such as:
1) official invitation letter for a business trip
2) certified copy of an accommodation certificate of the reference person in
3) hotel reservation
4) return airplane ticket
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence (bank statements, cash, credit cards etc.)
- Proof of legal residence in the usual country of residence
- Health or travel insurance is required
Other written proof relating to the reason for the visit may be required.
*** The pledge of financial support (engagement de la prise en charges) must be notified in advance by the Passports, Visas and Legalizations Office in accordance with Article 4 of the law of 29 August 2008 on the free movement of persons and immigration. The form, once it has been completed and legalized by the guarantor’s municipality of residence, must be sent by ordinary or registered post to the aforementioned department, together with the last three salary slips (or a document certifying monthly income) and a copy of the passport/identity card of the sponsor (and also, where necessary, proof that the guarantor is authorized to reside in the Grand Duchy) and a certified copy of the invited person has to be submitted together with the other documents.